Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Harvest Feast Day at School

Instead of celebrating Halloween at school, the school celebrates the fall with a Harvest Feast. I had been told that this was a big day and it definitely was. The school was decked out for this event. All day the classes learned about the ways of the Pilgrims and Indians. They learned what kind of dances they did, games they played, how they did their laundry, crafts that they made, how to pool wool, etc. The whole 3-4 gym was set up with different learning areas. There was a huge teepee ( i have to admit, I'm not real sure how to spell that!) outside. Avery's teacher was so nice to invite the little girls and I up to take part in the day. Addisyn thought the teepee stunk! They thought they were big stuff being included! Tayloran was the only pilgrim in her class. My mom made her costume under great pressure, and just the other day I found a whole pilgrim dress and accessories that the lady had left! Whoops!





My pilgrim and Indian on their way into school
Tayloran giving a test to someone in the hallway.
Tayloran's class
Posted by PicasaAvery's class

No comments: