Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What u get for $500 at the vet!!!


We had such a nice start to our Sat. We talked Ryan into driving us to Paducah to check out the mall. We had a couple of things to return, and then enjoyed ( or at least I did) looking around. We came back had dinner. Typical Sat. night. I was up enjoying a nice, hot bath, until I opened the door to exit. I hear one of the girls screaming at the top of their lungs and a dog yelping like I've never heard before. I ran downstairs. The dog has been hit by a car. The puppy got loose and wouldn't come to Avery. Avery witnessed the whole thing. I could see that Noel was bleeding and I can see the bone in her leg. I ran back upstairs and threw on clothes. I knew I couldn't go back down to look at that. I have become very squeamish about that sort of thing in my older age. So, after calling 6 vets, I finally found one that would meet us. He warned me that it would be $100 to just walk in the door. However, what are you going to do??? Believe it or not, Gma remained very calm. Her job was cleaning up the floor from the mess. Ryan and I took Noel to W. Frankfort and dropped off Noel and a $200 deposit. The next morning the vet called to say that he had got the leg sewn up and that she hadn't broke anything. He said he couldn't believe that the leg wasn't broke. It was very nasty. Anyway, Noel came home last night. She had a two night stay, sutures,etc. The grand total upon picking her up $479. OUCH!!! Thank goodness she didn't break it. She came home with a lampshade around her head and wouldn't fit into her kennel - another $70 for a new kennel. Our dog that we got for free has become rather expensive. We just had her spayed and had shots the 2 weeks prior to this happening - $170!!!!! Ryan said that he really missed her in her two nights gone. I for one thought it was like having one Braelyn absent. I do have to say that I did miss her at night time when she is tired out from being a puppy all day long! Lexi is scared of the head gear! The girls are also happy that their puppy will be fine.

7 comments:

Macnme said...

Aaahhhhh, poor little baby!! She looks so sad..did they give her pain medicine? We are definitely glad she is feeling better. I told the girls about it and they wanted to know when she could come and stay for a sleepover with Pluto and I told them Pluto is probably too annoying for her right now and it might be a bit before she could play with Pluto!

Definitely glad she is home!!

Ryan Miller Fam said...

Yes, painpills and antibiotics!! She looks pathetic with her nice lampshade.

Duzan's said...

Jerry said,"peroxide and aspirin would of been his fix, don't think I could even spend that much on Molly." He is so sweet!!! I bet he would without a doubt though!!!

Ryan Miller Fam said...

I think he would have caved with the skin hanging off, the dog yelping, the blood running, and the stench!!!

Macnme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Macnme said...

Sorry, that was my deleted comment...hit the wrong button....I am good at that aren't I grandpa!

Anyway, I was just commenting that I seem to have forgotten how hairy Ryan your arms are...hahahaha

We are very glad Noel is doing good and hopefully she will get the lampshade off soon!

steph said...

poor puppy!! Glad she is doing better and hopefully the lampshade will be gone soon!