Saturday, September 22, 2007

Makanda = Deliverance

At Makanda
Ryan testing out the ice cream from the General Store
Braelyn cashed out from the long trip!
La Fiesta - tayloran looks like she lost the fiesta!
We decided to take a little road trip today to check out Makanda and Giant City. It was a beautiful day and the leaves are starting to turn a little. Ryan wanted to reminice about rapelling off the cliffs. We drove thru the park and then stopped at Makanda to see the "General Store". I thought it was going to be a huge place, but it was really small. they had some homemade goodies and ice cream. There were a couple of other shops - an incence store ( with some other things I do believe), a beautiful jewelry store, and a Smelly Hippie t shirt store etc. I fell in love with the jewelry store, and bought my mom a beautiful gift for her bday. I plan on giving it to her tomorrow when she visits, so I'll have to take a picture of her wearing it. I'm afraid if I wait till her bday, that I'll keep it for myself. The jewelry store also had a guest book. People had visited this place from all over the US - tn, reno, nv, rockford, il. I am still amazed that people can find this. It was out there!!! We finished off the day with a hair cut for Ryan, and a trip to La Fiesta here in town. A wonderful day was had by all!

2 comments:

kris said...

Trisha
I can't tell you how much I LOVE your blog!! I smile every time I come by here and ead what you all are up to. At the same time though, I feel so sad that we can't be closer to one another and do things together...I can't get over how similar your girls' personalities seem to my girls' personalities. I KNOW that they all would have so much fun together! I am also extremely jealous of your POOL!!! All my kiddos are really big swimmers and they loved to stay in my mom and dad's old pool until the sun went down. They'd be smelling like chlorine and be pruney all summer long! Now that mom and dad have sold that house we don't have anywhere to swim but the public pool. Don't get me wrong it's still a nice place but there's nothing like having a pool in your own backyard. You and Ryan and the girls will have so many wonderful family memories made because of it. You amaze me with how proficient you are at posting and getting pics up on your blog. When do YOU have the time? I am slowly trying to adjust to having #5 in the mix. I feel like there are so many things pulling me in different directions. I admit cooking and housework have fallen by the wayside. Poor Tim he comes home to a messy house and nothing to eat! Well, I should be back to normal in another month or two...
love - Kristan

~Justin&Meg~ said...

Looks like you had tons of fun!! Love the pictures of Ryan and the girls. :)