Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day


Me - the mom of almost 5!!! I can sometimes hardly believe how lucky I am. When I was in high school, I always had 2 feelings. 1) my dad would never walk me down the aisle 2) i wouldn't be able to have children. I have always wondered if one event had to happen so that the other would? I truly believe down deep that God believed that I could handle the death of my father more so than not being able to have children. I have ALWAYS wanted children. Aunt Karen always reminds me of how many packages of Pampers that my dad bought for me and my dolls at the Homer IGA. I played with my dolls WAY past the age that most girls do. In fact, I told Ryan the very first night that I met him that I wanted 6 kids!!! Can you believe that he didn't run??? In church Sunday, Ryan looks at me and I have tears running down my face. Yes, hormones are running high! He thinks something is wrong. I am crying because I can't believe how God has blessed me with these 4 beautiful girls!!!! I am so lucky! My present from the girls was this necklace with 4 mauve beads with one blue bead for their " no name " baby brother!!! Thanks, Mom, for helping them pick out their gift! My wonderful husband also chipped in with gifts. I got beautiful roses, a candle, and a raft to float on in the pool!!! Thanks, honey!!!

5 comments:

max said...

Yes, I am an OLD softy, but your story about your tears in Church Sunday, brought the tears out in me too! Thanks for sharing that story. Now if I can find a way to post this, it will be another miracle!

Grandpa Max

kris said...

Trisha I've been SOOOOOOOOOO busy and I haven't been online in a long while. I was so glad to read your blog. I can really relate to feeling overwhelmed with emotion about our many blessings. God is so good to me. (and you too) I am looking forwars to coming down there for a weay past due visit!!!! - Kris

Anonymous said...

royer1995Tricia, your necklace is very pretty. The girls did a great job! I agree with you that God has blessed your family and you in many ways! I am blessed very much too, by my family and wonderful friends like you!!!--Leann

erin said...

Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him.
Children born to a young man are like arrows in a warrior’s hands.
How joyful is the man whose quiver is full of them! He will not be put to shame when he confronts his accusers at the city gates.
Psalm 127:3-5

I know how you feel. Sometimes it's so humbling when I think about all God has given me in my children.

The necklace is precious!

~Justin&Meg~ said...

Hi Tricia,

The necklace is so creative and pretty! It's one that you can wear out of the house-yeah! :) To be perfectly semetrical, you need 2 blue beads. :) :)

Megan~