Monday, September 3, 2007

the start of a living room
this is the 2nd garage full. it was worse than this the 1st time!
Tayloran and the boys trying to put together the trampoline!
Our new house! 708 E Main St, Benton, IL 62812
On Aug. 10th, we moved out of our house in Brocton, Illinois. We had a 24 ft Budget truck that was packed to the brim twice! We would have had to make more than 2 trips if it hadn't been for my wonderful friend, Leann's husband, Ruben. Ruben could make himself a lot of money on the side packing moving vehicles. We couldn't have shoved a feather on the first truck. It was packed to the max! Mom and I decided to take the 1st truck down on fri. night. We got there about the time that football practice was over. All of a sudden, we hear this "ROAR", and here comes the football team! They helped us unload the truck, and they got it done in about 30 min. Quite impressive. Also, very impressive, is that my 64 1/2 year old mother navigated this big baby down 57 to Benton! What a brave soul! By the time we were done, she had driven down and back twice with a couple of side trips! Moving is worse than anyone can prepare you for! Stephanie and Jim - I seriously can't believe that you have moved so many times - and with kids! I truly believe that you are nuts!!! :) I also want to note that we are 90 % unpacked. I wouldn 't be in this shape if it wasn't for Leann. Not only did she help me pack, but she made the trip down with her 3 kids and spent 2 days working like a dog! I don't know what I would have done without her and my mom. they were both incredible workers. I am still in shock that so much stuff came out of our "little" house! I'm not sure where it all was!

1 comment:

steph said...

yes we are nuts but if we hadn't moved so many times we wouldn't have made it to oakland and would never had found such great friends in you, ryan and the girls!