Sunday, June 29, 2008

San Antonio, TX

Ryan and I are having a few days to ourselves at a NECC conference in San Antonio, TX. The dr said that I was safe to go if we would stop every 1 1/2 hours on the drive to walk around for a bit. No problem. The drive was only about 14 1/2 hours. Not bad at all. We are staying at the Grand Hyatt which is right on the River Walk. We are on the 19 th floor, and we have a beautiful view. I am enjoying my time with Ryan, as this is the first time we've went away without the girls. However, I feel like I left 3/4 of myself at home. Ryan can't understand this. We have enjoyed walking around the River Walk. We went on a long walk last night, and then we took a boat tour today along the River Walk. We saw the hospital that Ryan's dad was born in. It is right along the River Walk. Also, good to know that there is a hospital nearby in case the need should arise. Tonight we went to dinner with another couple from Benton. It was a dinner that lasted 3 1/2 hours. However, the food was excellent. Ryan said the best part was the chocolate mousse.

Ryan on the River Boat tour

The River Center Mall

Scenery on the River Walk boat tour

4 comments:

steph said...

Tricia-I still can not believe you went 14 1/2 hours ina car being only a couple of weeks from your due date. You are crazy!!! Looks beautiful though!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Ryan & you are able to have this time alone! Did you say a 3 1/2 hour dinner??? I just can't imagine that one! It looks really pretty there!

richardsonfamily98 said...

U are WONDERWOMAN with all those kids and everything u do..love your blog!Hope your trip was fun.

max said...

We are glad you had a good time in S.A. There has been a lot of changes since we left there in 1954 The River walk was about like the creek north of our house back then. It is a very interesting place today. The Nix Hospital was where your fther-in-law was born. That was quite a day for Grandma & myself.
Grandpa Max